Article 39 has five objectives for 2019/20:
- Provide children and their advocates with accessible and up-to-date information about children’s human and legal rights, getting help and achieving redress.
- Strengthen the effectiveness of children and young people’s advocates in defending children’s human and legal rights.
- Influence legislation and national policy so children in institutional settings receive the best protection possible.
- Promote wider public and professional respect for human rights.
- Be ready to challenge significant threats to children’s human and legal rights.