Article 39 has five objectives for 2017/18:
- Provide accessible and up-to-date information to children (and those who support them) about their rights.
- Undertake research and monitoring about the rights and welfare of children in institutional settings.
- Provide advice and analysis on legislation and policy which impacts the rights of children in institutional settings.
- Raise awareness of children’s human rights and how to achieve redress.
- Promote wider public and professional respect for human rights.