- 26 & 28 October 2021, 10am-1pm (two half-days via Zoom) – PLACES AVAILABLE
- 17 & 19 January 2022, 10am-1pm (two half-days via Zoom) – PLACES AVAILABLE
“[After attending this course] I will now be able to quote how the law says things should happen and not state how I think things should be done.”
“[After attending the course] I have already felt more confident using the law in my advocacy work and have used it in one of my cases already.”
“A professional, informed and well guided course, delivered in such a way that all participants felt able to contribute.”
“I think this training should be compulsory for all advocates.”
“I think I tend to focus a lot on wishes and feelings, perhaps because I didn’t feel as confident in my knowledge of rights and legislation […]. I’m going away with ideas on how to use these practically […]”
Course participants, 2020 – 2021
Independent advocacy champions and protects the rights of children and young people. This introductory course has been designed to support independent advocates in England to use the law as a framework for understanding children and young people’s experiences, challenging injustice and taking action to protect rights.
The course will:
- Introduce the key types and sources of law in England and how they come together to create a framework for children’s rights;
- Explore how the law can be used in practice to achieve children and young people’s advocacy goals;
- Provide an opportunity to reflect on the value of using the law as an advocacy tool.
Facilitated by Karolina Kozlowicz, Article 39’s Programme Manager (Advocacy Services). With a background in law and human rights, Karolina has worked with and for children and young people for over 10 years.
This course is open to independent advocates who are current members of Article 39’s Children and Young People’s Advocates Network.
To learn more about the Network and join, click here.
Book your place:
Book your place by completing the registration form below. A member of the Article 39 team will be in touch within five working days to confirm your place.