- Wednesday 3 August 2022, 9.30am-1.pm (half-day via Zoom) – FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 5 August 2022, 1-4.30pm (half-day via Zoom) – FULLY BOOKED
- This course will be run again later this year. Please visit this page again for information about future course dates.
This new, half-day course has been designed to increase professional awareness and confidence in using the Children Act 1989 in independent children and young people’s advocacy. We want to make sure that advocates and children’s rights officers can use this vitally important legislation to effectively promote and protect the rights of children and young people.
The course will:
- Break down the Children Act 1989 to help you understand its structure, principles and main provisions;
- Signpost accompanying secondary legislation and statutory guidance, and their uses in children and young people’s advocacy; and;
- Illustrate the applicability of the Children Act 1989 to children and young people’s advocacy goals.
Jointly facilitated by two members of Article 39’s team: Carolyne Willow, Director, and Karolina Kozlowicz, Head of Advocacy Support.
This course is open to current members of Article 39’s Children and Young People’s Advocates Network. We ask for no more than two applications from individual teams per session.
[If you would like to join our Network to have access to future courses and other learning and development opportunities, click here.]
Book your place:
Book your place by completing the registration form below. A member of the Article 39 team will be in touch within five working days to confirm your place.