100% of course participants said they would recommend our training to others.
100% rated the overall quality of our courses as either ‘excellent’ or ‘good’.
96% said they expected learning from our courses to influence their practice.
Based on feedback from course participants, October 2020 – April 2021
Article 39 offers specialist training for independent advocates and those acting in independent roles in England. Our training is interactive, outcome-focused and practical, designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge, skills and abilities. Through our training, we want to support those on the frontline to uphold the rights of children and young people even more effectively.
Before booking, please make sure you carefully read the information below and on the course specific page.
If you have any questions about any of our training, please email our Programme Manager (Advocacy Services): firstname.lastname@example.org
General training information:
- Thanks to funding from The Legal Education Foundation, our two core training courses will remain free in 2021. However, to ensure efficient use of our limited resources, a non-attendance and late cancellation fee of £25 will be applied;
- Our courses are for independent advocates working with children and young people in England, and for those who have independent safeguarding roles in England (for example, local authority designated officers, independent reviewing officers and complaints investigators);
- We welcome up to two colleagues from the same team or workplace on each training course;
- Throughout 2021 our courses will be delivered remotely via Zoom and each is run over two half-days. For each course, attendance at both half-day sessions is required;
- All our training is certified;
- All training participants will be asked to participate in post-training evaluation. This will involve completing an online survey immediately after the course, as well as submitting evidence of learning within 2-3 months after the course using a template provided by Article 39.
Registration is now open for the following courses:
- Protecting children’s rights in institutional settings
- What’s law got to do with it?
- Refresher course: What’s law got to do with it? COMING SOON!
Click on the title you are interested in to find out more and book your place.