Article 39 designs and delivers specialist training for independent advocates, children’s rights officers and others acting in independent roles in England.
Our training is interactive, outcome-focused and practical, designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge, skills and abilities. Through our training, we want to support those on the frontline to uphold the rights of children and young people even more effectively.
Click on the chosen course below to learn more and book a place. Before booking, please make sure you read the terms and conditions (see lower down) and the information on the course specific page.
General training information, including terms and conditions:
- Thanks to funding from The Legal Education Foundation, most of our training courses are free and will remain free in 2022-2025 (but please note that we apply a non-attendance and late cancellation fee of £25 to ensure efficient use of our limited resources). Courses which are not free are payable on registration and you’ll find the details on the individual course page.
- Our courses are for independent children and young people’s advocates, children’s rights officers and those who have independent safeguarding roles in England (for example, local authority designated officers, independent reviewing officers and complaints investigators). Many of our courses are open exclusively to members of Article 39’s Children and Young People’s Advocates Network so please make sure you check the eligibility criteria on the individual course page before booking a place. To learn more about the Network and join, click here.
- All our courses are interactive and delivered remotely via Zoom.
- With the exception of bite-sized training, all participants receive certificates upon completion of a course (attendance at both parts is required for courses delivered over two half-days).
- All training participants are asked to participate in post-training evaluation. This includes an online survey immediately after the course, as well as submission of an impact case study 6-10 weeks after the course.
If you have any questions about any of our training, please email Karolina Kozlowicz, Head of Advocacy Support: email@example.com