Thank you once again for completing our survey for 16 an 17 year-olds, about what care means to you.
We really appreciate your help.
If filling in the survey has brought up difficult feelings, thoughts or memories for you, there are people and places who want to help. Below are some organisations which may be able to help.
Childline (run by the children’s charity NSPCC)
- For children and young people under the age of 19 years, living in the UK
- A free, private and confidential service where you can talk about anything (on the phone, online and by email)
- Contact number: 0800 1111
- Website: https://www.childline.org.uk
- A free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers who are supported by experienced professionals
- You can text from wherever you are in the UK
- Text to: 85258
- Website: https://giveusashout.org
- Whatever you’re going through, the Samaritans are there to listen to you
- Available 24/7
- Phone: 116 123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (response time: 24 hours)
- Website: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
- A charity which fights for children and young people to get the help they need
- Online information for children and young people: https://www.youngminds.org.uk/young-person/
- We have a dedicated website for children and young people: https://rights4children.org.uk
- If you are in care and need help to be heard, you can find an advocacy service here: https://rights4children.org.uk/gettinghelp/if-you-are-in-care-or-leaving-care/