We’re looking for someone who likes to get things done!
£150 per day; circa 3 days per month
Article 39 is a small, independent children’s rights charity which prides itself on working with others to bring about positive change with and for children and young people.
We are looking to appoint someone who can help run our behind-the-scenes systems – arranging meetings, sorting registrations for our training courses, maintaining our parliamentary and media lists, and keeping our databases in shape.
- Commitment to children’s rights and the work of Article 39
- Understanding of importance of safeguarding, and satisfactory DBS check (we will arrange this)
- Excellent organisational skills – proven experience of supporting others to meet deadlines and other obligations
- Experience of working well independently and as part of a very busy team
- Capacity to work flexibly as and when required (with reasonable notice)
- Confident user of Mailchimp (or equivalent software) & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of GDPR, including prior experience of working with personal data and confidential information
- Supportive and solution-focused
Article 39 currently has four members of staff who are all home-based (our charity’s model of working). This new role will help us manage our campaigns, networks and training. Your main contact at Article 39 will be our Director.
You will work 2 to 3 days per month (each day lasting 7 hours) – to be arranged in advance. There may be occasions when we ask you to work more than 3 days in a month, with hours balanced the following month. We will pay a daily rate of £150 by bank transfer at the end of each month, upon receipt of invoice. You will be responsible for registering with the HMRC for income tax and national insurance. This freelance position is available in the first instance to end March 2022.
We’re a friendly, supportive charity and everyone’s contribution matters equally. If you think this role is for you, we’d love to hear from you…
Please send your CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) and a one-side summary setting out how you meet each of the 8 aspects of the essential criteria above.
In addition, please confirm you can be available at least 2 weekdays a month and that you have the necessary practical arrangements in place at home to undertake this work – i.e. computer, access to Internet, able to join online meetings – and that you would be able to start this position end November / beginning December 2021.
Deadline for applications: 5 November 2021 4pm
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an online interview on: 16 November 2021
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ‘Director & team support‘.